I haven't ever gotten results as repeatable with ball powders as with stick. That being said, when I load stick I go directly to those choices that offer the highest load density for a given cartridge/bullet combination.

I've just been tinkering w/ BLC-(2) in the 338-06 A-Square and gotten decent results. Messing with H-380 in the same cartridge yeilded the lack of accuracy that has tainted my experience with ball powders.

In the 257 AI, however, H-380 w/ CCI-200s and 75 gr Vmaxes has done rather nicely accuracy-wise, even if at approx 3150 fps the load is particularly anemic compared to the capabilities of other powders with that cartridge/bullet combination.

The issue for me with powders that I (or more correctly, my rifles) love most like RL-19 & IMR-4350 is the potential change in POI. From summertime when I develop loads in temps likely to be near 100 degrees and hunting season when they can dip down near zero this could end up serious. Of course I'm shooting all the time so unless I were to travel with a brand new rifle it isn't likely that I'd not catch such a problem before pulling the trigger on game.

This would all be far more serious if I were a long range shooter... out beyond 400 yrds, I mean. Other than that it is rather acedemic if you're verifying zero before going into the field on any given excursion.