DB...............I don`t use the 7mm Bergers, but have used the 168 gr 30 cal hunting VLDs on a number of hogs and will use either use the 190 or the 210 grain on my next big elk hunt.

Berger has recently updated some info on their site that is worth the read. It is not necessary to seat the bullet into the lands in order to achieve the best accuracy using the VLDs as was previously thought.

Follow this proceedure using the same VLD bullet, powder, primer and charge.

For hunting loads, simply start out with the max COAL that your magazine will allow while still effectively cycling the bolt. Load 3 to 5 rounds.

Then load another 3 to 5 rounds backing off 10/1000ths. Repeat again, backing down another 10/1000s. Repeat again and then repeat again.

Shoot each group for accuracy to see at what COAL your rifle`s sweet spot is for best accuracy.

Somewhere within that 40/1000ths spread, you will find your rifle`s sweet spot for best accuracy.

Anytime you change any component or charge, start over using the same process.

For range loads, start with seating the bullet 5/1000ths into
the lands and then use the same above process, backing off 10/1000ths per group.

The (hunting) VLDs are an extreeeeemely accurate bullet and are the fastest, most devasting DRT bullet I`ve ever used on hogs. From a 7 WSM, once your sweet spots are found, I have no doubt your end results.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger