Hi all,

Hey, looking for some feedback from some of you kifaru longhunter owners.

I have a J107 which has proven itself just fine for me. I like it because I can pack in with it and then also use it as a day pack (zips up and compresses to a smaller pack). I like having the entire pack with me during my day hunts in case I harvest an animal, I can pack the whole thing out in one trip (I don't like making multiple trips to get my animals out if I can avoid it since in many cases I am many miles from camp).

Anyhow, I'm looking at the Kifaru longhunter guide for my birthday (yes buying my own b-day presents).

1. Does the longhunter and/or rendezvous compress down enough to wear around as a day pack (as I do with my j107)? or is there a bunch of "loose pack" hanging off of my back?

2. My J107 is 5400 ci and It's pretty much full when heading in on a 4-5 day trip meaning not a ton of room for an animal and gear on the way out. We usually make multiple trips or share weight, but a little more would be nicer.

I know the guide is already larger than the J107, but does "the more, the merrier" apply here or is the rendezvous overkill in regards to size vs. the guide?

3. I really like the J107 that I use now. For those who have tried both, is the 600 bones worth the upgrade. One of my main reasons for looking is "comfort with a load"....any comparison comments?

4. and does the water bladder pouch(?) hold a 3 liter water bladder?

Thanks a ton for any responses.

-A

Last edited by AHM; 08/02/09.