Originally Posted by JRGunmaker
Originally Posted by triggerguard1
Jim wasn't doing me any favors either.

???
Are you talking about this?
Originally Posted by gunmaker
At one point they didn't have any inletting draft. From what I gather that is how Winchester ordered it......

No, I'd say it was your opening line.....

It's kind of like comparing a Rolex to a Timex

Followed up later with this one........

I guess I was trying to say in a polite way that if you've never had a Burgess or similar floormetal then you don't know what you're missing

Here's another assumption you made, though you didn't know what could be bought for $150.00.

Most of my clients don't have an endless budget. They just want something that can't be produced for $150

A Williams steel floor-plate and trigger bow is re-machined and cosmetically detailed before installation.
I think this a good example of the difference between $150 and $600. Attention to detail is paid for by the hour.

Did you happen to know what he did, or should I say, used to do to change the guard? I made them to USRAC's prints, which we later changed because of his request alone.

Matt
Has anyone here said things like this about your products?

Sure haven't and that's not by accident.

It's hard for me to understand why you are so frustrated about the competition and their pricing. They didn't price your products.

It frustrates me not..........What does, is someone who makes comparisons without having both products for the comparison. You make the assumption that because the product isn't priced at $500.00 or more, there's no way it could measure up in terms of fit, finish, and quality. You admit to never using one, but that didn't slow you down on making the assumpton that you just can't make what your clients want for $150.00.

I could truly care less if someone is willing to spend that much money on a bottom metal. People spend tens of thousands of dollars on complete rifles, 2,000 plus dollar blanks, and the list goes on and on. Amongst those big expenditures in the custom rifle making business, there are prices that are inflated for no other reason than to control the supply and demand factor and or give the perception that you've received more for your money. It's all what the market will bear and some have figured it out and others have not.

In your own words you call your products an upgrade over the factory junk. Don't be so hard on yourself.

All aftermarket bottom metal is an upgrade over the factory junk, including your A-list.

Like I've said many, many times before..........Put both in your hand at the same time and tell me that you got what you paid for. I don't believe that you can put both my bottom metal and my competitors side-by-side and look at the attention to detail on both and come to same conclusions you have on this thread.....

On that note, I'll let you have it, since I've pretty much wasted enough of my time on this thread.