With the 3" Federal/Barnes in my 1300 I was about an inch to an inch and a half high at 25 and just about dead on at 100. I imagine that the individual (rifled) barrel could have a fair amount of effect on that. Rifled slug barrels are very, very individualistic. (As Hawk said, if you are using a smoothbore with Fosters things would be different.) In either case, the only way to be sure is to shoot at both distances. (Gets expensive with the sabots!) Best, John

As an aside, when I was shooting today I was reminded that there is nothing quite like the smell of a just-fired shotgun shell. Maybe it's because it takes me back to the late 50's and early 60's in NW Iowa when we could burn up a box of shells each week shooting pheasants. (Man, I would love to get into birds like that again. We had no idea how good we had it.)

Last edited by 5sdad; 08/25/09. Reason: More thoughts jumped into my head.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.