Stillbeeman: Three shot groups are INDEED groups!
Having said that I only use 5 shot groups for my load development and sight-in verifications on my numerous Varmint Rifles.
Having said that - my father would dig his way out of his grave at Tahoma National Cemetary in Washington state and walk to Montana and kick my ass if he were to find out I was shooting five - five shot groups for each load I tested!
I have got along just wonderfully for the last 45 years shooting two five shot groups for load/accuracy tests.
If you are implying that a fella needs to shoot "an agg" (five - five shot groups) for each load tested then I can't agree with that. I think that is a little to much duplication of effort.
AND I know several very accomplished Varmint Hunters that DO use the 3 shot group method for load testing and sight-in.
I think this would be a good topic to kick around - amongst Varminting handloaders.
I choose you to start the new topic off with your experiences/opinions.
"I" do use "3 shot groups" for sight-in verification on my Magnum Big Game Rifles - again I have gotten along really well for decades with this policy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy