Originally Posted by IDMilton
Everyone, thanks for the responses.

I wasn't able to reply to any of the suggestions earlier, I just got back from elk hunting this afternoon and have been cutting mest. I'll try to get back on this forum Monday to read the posts.

I didn't take the 154 Gatoron this trip. I took the old Wyoming knife instead. I then broke the blade usinng it as a screwdriver. (I know) So this morning we used my friend's box cutter to gut, skin, quarter, and bone out the spike I got with my bow. (My first elk with a bow, I'm pumped! Of course, four minutes after I shot, a six point walked down the same trial...)

Anyway, I was wishing I had another blade for my knife, or I had brought a small screwdriver. My friend actually likes the box cutter because he can change blades. I weigh 160. I brought a 107 pound pack out over three miles. My feet are a little sore, but it was a great day!

I'll read through the advice and figure out how to get my blades better,
Thanks

Try these: www.OsoGrandeKnives.com

Scroll down the page to the orange Havalon Edge knife.
Someone on here recommended these quite a while ago, and I looked them up and got one for me which I haven't tried yet. I also got one for my buddy, who absolutely loves it. We got the PIRANTA EDGE model because they have the longest blade.

Last edited by Bulletbutt; 09/16/09.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.