Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
This past Saturday I have an area staked out in the Sierras, up about 8200 foot elevation. I'm hiding in some boulders watching an area of part clearing, part redwoods, and about 4:30pm or so I hear behind me some sounds of small rocks getting kicked around, then they fade away quickly. I turn slowly, hoping to see a deer, but see nothing. About half a minute or so later, I catch a strong scent, that I would describe as a little like manure, but musky as well. I don't ever recall smelling it before.

I recall hearing that the male lions tend to be pretty smelly critters, spraying urine and scent onto their hindquarters to mark territory. One friend I asked, who has more woods time than I do, thought it also may have been a bear. Both are found in that area. If it was a lion, no harm done, he cleared out as soon as he knew I was there. In any case, a .44 or .45 is indicated on the next trip!

"Chicken"

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.