Winchester or Western Super X 250 grain ammunition usually achieved real world velocities of approximately 2230fps. This load accounted for all matter of large and dangerous critters, and no doubt shot many holes through two legged miscreants. For the record, this was around 100fps short of claimed velocity, yet even so, acquired an admirable record of impressive stops.
Buffalo Bore has a fanatical following, as do any number of experts who will remain nameless here. BBA often runs its pressures to the absolute maximum, while SAAMI manufacturers settle for a mean in pressure. BBA has had pressure over runs in the past, and has attempted to address such issues with a short list of changes. Sundles, who owns BBA is bright, smart, and immensely opinionated. The only reason he would ever change anything is for liability, profit, or effectiveness.
When BBA works, it works great, but when it does not, well...
Maximum loads are not reachable for every weapon. Variables known and unknown continue to make handloading as much of an art as a science.
In my opinion, I would not use BBA as baseloads for my gun. Rather, I would use current Winchester 200 grain Super X, and measure expansion carefully above the the rim, on the web of the brass. I would then use new unfired .348 WCF cases, and build a load that equals the expansion of the super X fodder.
Real Winchester 71s are aging, never to be replaced, and my advice is to treat them with the respect they deserve.