No offense but I wouldn't get to excited about getting the batfe involved in audting anyone. It seems that as soon as the problems are away, they'll be knocking your door down looking for reasoning to keep their job. That doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I also feel it's B.S that an amateur couldn't keep someones firearm overnite for repair, wether or not he has an FFL, or not. As far as worrying about a part timer around the corner offering the same service as you, it will never go away. As soon as that guy disappears, there will be another fool to take his place. I understand it's a frustratng part of being self employeed. I have the same dilemma in my line of work. Your further ahead to concentrate on your own business. I am unfarmiliar with the manson kit, but the cutters he's using I sware are made by neway mfg. It's a company that builds tooling, and such for the automotive machine shop. They are used for cutting valve seats in that line of work. As far as the pilots he's using I'd be interested if they are also from the automotive machine industry.