VG,

I am loading the case with 25 grains...there is load data that runs it up to 26.5 grains...and they must be using a jack hammer to compress it all in there...

25 grains is right to the shoulder...

and with the velocity, I am guessing its pressure is down in the 45,000 CUP range...

with 40 to 55 grain bullets, I don't think the 223 can get enough 4064 into the case to give ANY pressure problems..

actually since trying it, I have noticed that 4064 is in the Sierra and Nosler reload manuals....

what also surprised me is a string or two of 10 shots fairly rapidly, the barrel didn't heat up as much as you'd expect on a case full of this much powder..

depending on what I see for the size of deer running around the wooded area I hunt, I have some Barnes 53 grain X Bullets loaded up with this charge for my featherweight 223, just in case I decide to carry that when I am guiding for a few boys I will be taking out hunting...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez