Originally Posted by Josh Sorensen
Here are a couple of pics of two custom winchester big bores. THis were two of the nicest rifles I have ever owned but unfortunately I had to sell them both to avoid some financial pitfalls after the birth of my 2yr old daughter. I guess it was a fair trade, I have a beautiful baby girl out the deal smile

First a lightweight 375 H&H. All excess metal removed from action and barrel turned down to a minimal countour. Ultra light kevlar stock. Barrel cut at 20" and brockmans popup peep with talley quick detach rings..
FInished weight of 6lbs 4oz without scope right at 7lbs with 1.5-5 leupold illuminated VXIII.

[Linked Image]

Second is another winchester 70 rebarreled in 458 Lott. Accurate innovations wood stock with 1.5-5 illuminated VXIII in talley QD rings with brockmans pop up peep. WEights right at 10lbs with scope. I think I miss this one even more than the lightweight.

[Linked Image]

I really can't say enough good things about the popup peep by brockmans.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Josh-that top rifle has always been in my top 10 of nicest rifles on the Fire. Too bad it had to go, but I totally understand and would of done the very same in a nano! Good on you for doing so!

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy