Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
djs, what moral groundwork should we base our laws upon? I think this Country did a pretty good job when The Founding Fathers used their moral values to establish this country. YMMV. Tim.

Nothing wrong with the values of Christianity, but they are no better than the moral values of their religions either.

The Founding Fathers knew Christianity and had little knowledge of Buddhism, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism or other religions. Consequently, Christianity is what they based their beliefs and values on.

No insult intended in my posts. I just want to say that no religion is better than another and I do not want the government to impose one on me and this includes allowing public prayer in school - unless .....

On Monday, the Reverend Billy Bob leads the student body in prayers to Christ, and
On Tuesday, Rabbi David leads the student body in prayers to Old Testament God, and
On Wednesday, the Imam Mohammed leads the student body in prayers to Allah, and
On Thursday, the Buddhist monk Ansui leads the student body in prayers to Buda, and
On Friday, the High Witch Priestess Cali leads the student body in prayer to Satin.

(These are all religions recognized by teh US military.)

If one religion offends another person, then it cannot be practiced on public grounds.