Hey Guys,

I posted on the LR forum curious about what other rifle to buy to go with a 7-08AI and recently found a new rig that I plan on customizing a bit.

I bought a Win 70 SS with a McMillan Supergrade stock. I plan on having it rebarrelled from 270 to something a bit 'different' but havent decided what to go with.

The 280AI really revs me up for the all-around ability and the LR capability, but then again the 7-08AI is very very close to performance. I've tossed around the idea of going with the 30-06 and now I'm starting to look at different options like the 338-06 or the 6.5-06 or still the 30-06/280AI debate....

What are your thoughts on the choices of cartridges as an all-around Alberta rifle? I can see myself using the 7-08AI with 120TTSX. Most of my shots are under 400 yards and I hunt everywhere from the prairies to the mountains for deer, sheep, antelope, moose, elk, bears, etc....

Comments? Suggestions? Am I making this too hard on myself? Truly the KISS concept would say 30-06 I'm guessin?