Da older I get the more I look at these things a bit differently than when I was younger.

So keep that in mind while this older (not old!) dawg offers up some thoughts.

7 1/2 lbs all ready to rock isn't too tough to meet these days. I'd suggest a couple of options and you can take the rest of the cash, not sure how much it is but I'd bet you could save at least half of the cost of the Kampfield. You'd make weight, it'd shoot just as good or plenty good enough and you could put the money into a hunt fund.

Option A=buy a Kimber Montana in 7 WSM, add Talley's, a Uncle Mikes Mtn sling, and a 6x36 Leo with LR dotz on it.

Option B=wait and see if they do the Kimber Montana 84L (aka Middele Sky) in 280 AI. If they do that then outfit the same and you'll be sub 7 lbs all up and ready to rock!

Option C=buy a 700 barreled action in 280, have it punched to AI if you wish, add a Ti take off handle, and the same mounts sling and scope as on the others. Even with the standard contour barrel you'll make weight.

Just a guess here but you'll most likely save 1500 or so and you can put that towards a hunt you've always wanted to do.

Best of luck to ya,

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy