Originally Posted by SteveS
Yes, you'd have to worry about timing, and I don't think Ruger would do it for you, which means you'd have to pay a smith. Then you'd be way upside down. I'd wait for a 357 to come along--there's usually one or two at most shows. Around here you could get a stainless Sec. Six in great shape for $375--a little more if you want 6" or with an original box and you'd have adj. sights, but the square butt like the Serv. Six.

Thanks fellas.

I attend Seattle and Woorsheengtun gun shows, and while I've long been a fan of the medium framed Security-Service Six wheelguns, theyve suddenly become quite popular around here and a hot commodity! $375 is near the ball park, altho I don't much like 6inch Sec-6's.

What I ultimately want is a 4in blued Sec6 with a round butt in a very compact package, to use and pack as a sidearm in CONUS. If I need more power than a 4in .357 with 180grn hardcast, I'd better change to a larger bore!

Don't know if Ruger ever offered a rd butt Sec6 in anything but a 2 3/4in. I have a stainless 4in Security-6 I'd gladly trade toward a blue 4incher.