I only got in this thread only �cause I had seen the Petzal comments but I have continued to follow it as it is kinda interesting from a marketing perspective. Dakota is wayyyyyy outta my league but then I do have an appreciation for a lot of things I can�t afford

I don�t post here much but I�m here almost every day so I�ve come to �know� some personalities and have drawn some conclusions, demographics if you will, about this group. Perhaps the dominant demographic for this group is that you would NEVER have an off-the-shelf rifle if possible. You know what you want and you�re vocal about what you don�t like. Y�all would be custom all the way. You'd build one and then you�d want another one �cause mayyyyyyybe you didn�t get something just right in the last one. If you had a new Dakota, there�d be that one little thing you�d want to change so I�m guessing Dakota will target some other demographics - those who don�t want to be bothered with the tedium of custom work, those to whom expense is not particularly a consideration and those who expect personal service.

This surely has to be done in a profitable business model and I see some potential economies of scale with the Custom Shop - the aforementioned button-rifled, lapped barrels; machinings and perhaps outside purchases. I think it takes some cojones to buy any gun company in this economy with Barry �n th� Boyz lurking in Washington, declining license sales and hunting opportunities, but then the wealthier demographic is probably the least affected by these conditions. Sometimes it just takes a shot of money to stabilize a company and enable it to do the things it needed to do in the first place. And, like some coaches who just seem born to their games, we�ll see if Mr. Martinez is �da Man�. "Time will tell, hockey will smell and water will seek it�s own level." - somebody

This said, I�ll now go back to lurking.