Pops and I have been hunting here a few seasons and seen them in different places but can't seem to get it 'dialed in.'

Right now, we're hunting the 'late/L1 season' which runs 11/21 - 11/29.

He's gettin up there in age but is blessed to have a second home in Dillon, CO. He's much more comfy in the house here in Dillon than his traditional cold weather wall tent. Good 'hunting camp'

I've seen them in the Straight Creek drainage (parallels the S side of I70, just west of the tunnel). Also, Tenderfoot Mtn just on the S side of this drainage. Specifically near the county dump.

I've heard they go up and over Hoosier Pass area.

My buddy took a cow up Bushee Creek 4th season. Sounds like he got into a nice herd of them.

A lot of times we'll do the 'I70 road hunt' meaning we just have someone drop us on the S side of I70 and walk into Straight Creek. I've only seen 'em once or twice. Theory was, hunting pressure from the more accessible S side of Tenderfoot would cause them to head up and over to this drainage. I spent a lot of time here the last two season and really only run into 'em once though - I'm discouraged with this area.

I'm stumped at this point.

Any advice/help/direction you can share is appreciated.