Last year I carried a special tube to safeguard in attempting to see how much a T99 could stand. The hottest load I had was 33 grs. of Unique. Had to knock the bolt open but no damage to the rifle. This past weekend I carried 7 load made up in formed brass that had been fired at least once.

Picture 1: The first cartridge with no tape on it was filled with 53 grs. of 3031 behind a 175 gr. Speer .313" bullet. When fired the primer disappeared and the primer pocket enlarged. Cartridge No. 2 10 gr. of Bullseye pistol powder behind the same bullet. Primer backed out some but could open the bolt and fired case was ejected. The same thing happened with cartridge No. 3 which was loaded with 20 gr. of Bullseye. Cartridge No. 4 was loaded with 25 gr. of Bullseye. No trace of primer was found, pocket enlarged and jamed the extractor. I took it off and the keeper band also. Punched the case out with a cleaning rod. Cartridge No.5 was loaded with 30 gr. of Bullseye, case cracked above head. Had to hammer the bolt open and knocked the case out with a cleaning rod.

Picture 2: Case No. 6 was loaded with 35 gr. of Bullseye. The head disentrigated and we had to use a sledge hammer to get the bolt open. It would not go back in the action. Lugs were set back on the bolt and in the receiver. I used a tap to get the case out.

Picture 3: As you can see the bolt head is messed up. The 35 gr. load almost welded the bolt in the receiver. It could not be forced back in. This shot cleaned all the rust out of the safety pipe.

Rick Veal let me have another barreled action for my last cartridge. I was loaded with a compression load of 40 grs. of Bullseye.

Picture 4: When that round fired it spit the barrel out the front of the pipe onto the ground. The bullet was found about half way down the barrel. We pushed it back out with a cleaning rod. It miked .300 to .312"

Here is the reading under the first four pictures. Rest of the pictures are of the broken peices of the rifle. riceone

Last edited by riceone; 11/24/09.

... Pray for our president...Psalms 109 verse 8