Thought I would share some pictures of the fun my son (Matt - age 13) and I had with friends a couple weeks ago. We drove overnight Thursday night to a place in northern Arkansas that is a kids only (under 16) catch & release stream (Dry Run Creek)... and it is a GREAT trout fishery. It was Matt's first-ever fly fishing trip and the trip was everything I hoped it would be and more. The friend we went with is a very experienced fly fisherman, so we learned a LOT from him. Alan had been to this place with his son twice before and knew what to expect, but I had no idea it could be this good. Matt caught the big rainbow Alan is holding the very first morning...the fish was 27" long and weighed over 12#! The big brown that Matt caught Saturday was 26" long and weighed close to 12#, too...two fish of a lifetime in one trip! Alan's son also caught two 27" rainbows and both boys caught over 100 trout/day, with most in the 14-18" range. Needless to say, we will be planning a trip or two back there before Matt turns 16 and then it will be our younger daughter and son's turn to have fun there!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."