Had a mechanical engineering prof who was a very bright guy, spent a number of years in the military. Clearly if you wanted to know the water flow around a submarine, he'd be the guy to analyze it for you. He had, however some difficulty teaching basic stuff in a way that undergrads could follow.

His nickname? Captain Glitch

Yet another engineering prof who similarly was not a good communicator, and kinda obnoxious too. Owing to his large nose and Dutch-boy like haircut, he was known as "the D!!k With Ears"

One of my Dad's customers was head of the Anthropology department, and a pretty nice guy. By chance I drew him for my Humanities elective, and being Canadian, his method was to have two tests per year, a mid-term and a final. On his mid-term I scored a 73. That was THE high grade in the class of about 100 students. A week or two later he brought in an old Porsche 914 for us to service. When he came to pick up the car he saw & recognized me, and asked how I liked working on his Porsche, and I replied I liked his midterm better. He laughed his ass off smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."