Three years ago, I had the opportunity to use both for a couple of weeks. Me and three buddies already had new 8x30 SLC NEU models. Happened onto a pair of the 8x32 EL's virtually new in the box and bought them for a good price. We're on a deer lease together and each in turn took both pairs and used each side by side over several days. Either of us could have kept the EL's and another buddy would have gotten our SLC's. All of us kept our SLC's as we were accustomed to them and preferred the focus adjustment on them. In the first few moments of daylight, the EL's might have been ever so slightly brighter BUT it was very hard to tell. We were using them from box blinds and could stack each side by side and on top of one another. I really wanted to keep the EL's just because they were EL's but just couldn't do it. Needless to say this other buddy is very proud of his 8x32 EL's. One of these guys has since bought a pair of 10x42 EL's. The magnification is definitely better and you can definitely see more detail at extended ranges but they are not head and shoulders clearer or crisper than the 8x30 SLC's. There just isn't the profound difference there is going from Nikon Monarch ATB's which we all owned prior to Swarovski. The 10x42's are used in the box blinds but when a hunt involves any level of movement, he brings the 8x30 SLC's. If you can't tell I love mine. They are the most used/most enjoyed piece of hunting gear I have ever owned.