(1) No, Mauser stocks will not fit.

(2) For the magnum actions, Bell and Carlson makes an excellent stock which is being sold direct by CZ-USA.

I have a McMillan in their now defunct AHR pattern; their new pattern for the standard 550 action is their Sako Classic pattern, which is highly regarded here.

American Hunting Rifles, www.hunting-rifles.com, sells a proprietary synthetic stock which I believe is made by MPI.

Your best bet for getting hog back stock is to find someone who couldn't live with it and buy it from them. I like the hogbacks, or I'd sell you mine; before the American stocks came out quite a few guys were selling their hogback take-offs and going to synthetics.

Here's a pic of my McMillan CZ AHR stock on my CZ 550FS in 9.3x62 Mauser"

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It is a very fast handling stock; thin, straight comb, narrow foreend, thin swept back grip: very nice. It was my first McMillan and it made be a believer grin

McMillan also makes a stock for the CZ 550 magnum action, I have owned a couple but never bolted them to rifles (only a rifle loony buys stocks for guns he doesn't own and then sells them to buy other guns) and they felt good.