Ok got a question and need opinions. I had a light 6Br built on a model 7. A local smith reworked and lightned the action, new PTG coned bolt Bartlien barrel. I sent it out to have another person install one of his less then pound kevlar stocks on it(weighs 18.125 oz when i got it) and cerakote the metal brown. Ok so the gun is sent back to the local smith today and he notices a little grit and takes a look in the chamber and barrel, he calls me and said he didnt plug the chamber when the other smith blasted the gun. So the chamber and the first 1/4" at the muzzle is roughed up a bit. I called the smith who coated the gun and he says its nothing just polish it out. The local smith is not that bugged by the chamber but is about the muzzle and still is not happy about polishing out what was a perfect chamber. both him and I think that it is a big deal that the muzzle is roughed up at all. My questions are first the stock if told it WILL be under a pound shouldnt it be, this one is not a huge issue but still. The local smith did say the stock is very stiff and looks real good. Then the big one is the barrel, are we over reactting or what do you think? What would you do? What do you think the smith who did the stock and coating do? I will try to post pics of the gun soon, doing this from my phone.
Thanks

Last edited by BradB; 12/19/09.