I have three of them, two 357's and one .44 (with another 44 on order from Bud's gunshop).

one 357 and the 44 are stainless "trappers" (16 inch barrels). I have previously owned a blue 45 Colt trapper, but sold all my 45 Colt guns to standardize on the 44 Mag for big bores.

I would say that a Rossi 92 would be nearly ideal for a knock around truck gun. My preference would be for the 357, which becomes a potent tool in a carbine, it will gain close to 500 fps over a revolver with the same loads.

Now for the bad news, many of these guns are very rough out of the box. One of my 357's is an EMF Hartford, which is made by Rossi but for a different importer. It is acceptably smooth right out of the box. The other is a recent production Rossi imported by Braztech. It's rough as a cob.

My 44 was bought from Steve Young of www.stevesgunz.com and he did an action job on it before I took delivery. It's extremely smooth and I will probably send him the 357.

The Rossi's also have two things that need attention right off the bat. That worthless little safety on the bolt needs to go. And the plastic magazine follower plug should be replaced with a metal part. Steve Young has a fix for these problems.

I second the suggestion to check out the leverguns.com forum.

Last edited by Warhawk; 12/20/09.

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere, than in any city on earth" ... Steve McQueen