I have very extensive experience with the use of these Interbond bullets from my 30/06 loaner rifle in RSA which is what many of my hunters to use.

I load 165 grain IB's at about 2900fps. In the first 25 animals shot we recovered only one. It was a classic mushroom. Since that time I have seen them perform without any problems and in most cases to the extreme edge of what could be expected. For the price, cheaper then Partitions! I will not likely be using anything else in that 30/06.

For those who have not seen some of the photos of past posts I havce put up on this topic, I will put some on here for you.

From what I can see in the original photo above on this post the bullet hit the deer and killed it without failure. I'm not sure what more I would ask. If bone were hit the IB is clearly the better choice being bonded then any unbonded bullet. I was using Swift Aframes in the 30/06 for several years prior to the testing of the IB's. At nearly 3 times the cost they did not kill any better and were not any more accurate from a sub 3000 fps cartridge. They are a clealy better choice on very heavy game or from rifles over 3000 fps. The partition design in the center keeps them from peeling back as far.

Here is a recovered bullet from a heart shot 361 class bull elk with the 165 grain IB. the shot was about 100 yards and the bullet was through the chest, heart and under the skin on the exit side.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If you look closely at the shoulder area of this bull you will see the bulge of the bullet under the skin right in front of where the scapula is. The hair is not lying flat and sticking up a bit odd.

[Linked Image]

Here are three bullets recovered from Wild boars. The same load as above, the distance was between 100-150 yards, not all from the same boar:

[Linked Image]

The bullet on the far left is the most fantastic expanded bullet I have ever seen. It is 90% inside out and was 146 grains.

[Linked Image]

The bullet that was nearly inside out was not from some little hog, but an exceptionally big dude. The bullet was under the gristle plate. Not many bullets from any cartridge would penetrate that on the exit side from my experience.

[Linked Image]

Here is an exit wound from a Bull Gemsbok shot at about 100 yards. The first shot hit some brush and the gemsbok was sick but not hit properly. After tracking we caught up for the hunter to take this finisher. The first shot that hit the branches, was tumbling and hit the bull sidways about the diaphram. We recovered that bullet bent into the shape of a banana. I wonder how many bullets would have stayed in one piece hitting a hardwood branch at 2800 or so FPS and then continue on relitively straight and intact? The second shot which was the finiher was shot steeply quartering away and exited the front shoulder area. It was in the range of 100 yards or a bit less.

I have plenty more photos but this should show why I think they are such a great bullet and really competitively priced. In the last few years I have seen well in excess of 100 animals killed with these bullets and not a single animal was lost. I just don't think you're gonna get much better hunting quality for any price then these bullets. That's why I'm sticking with them until something better shows up.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pe1bd1aab2cee633ca7da62a33c1b5d0b/fb8c800f.jpg[/img]

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)