Originally Posted by Ed_T
Capital Sports in Helena has a pair of 7x30 SLC Swarovski's.

They look optically perfect but the the rubber coating is showing some age. No cracks though.

They are on consignment and they are asking $599 which I think is a bit steep considering the 8x30 SLC's next to them are $899 new.

I know that some here really liked the 7x30 so thought I'd post this.

I think they stopped making the 7x30's in the mid 90's? If these are the Mk I's or Mk II's, $599 is a bit steep. The ones I've seen go for around $400.

I have both the 7x30 and 8x30 SLC's. These are the Mk I or Mk II's (early 90's vintage). I get to look through a lot of clients optics while guiding, and I haven't looked through any binos that have yet motivated me enough to give up my older SLC's and drop some big money on a new pair of binos. I use the 7x30's more than the 8x30's.

Having said that, I was talking to my friend the optics expert this fall, and he told me to shine a flashlight into the objective lens of my Swaros and look for "crystals" growing on the inside walls of the barrels. Yep, I got crystals in my 7x30's. Allegedly they are covered under warranty, so I'm going to have to call Swaro and find out for myself how good their customer service is........ cry

Something to keep in mind when buying older SLC's.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.