I have been down this road before. There is a lot of good information out there regarding the 6x284 but please make sure you proceed cautiously. Rifles aren't the same and many handle pressures differently.

I purchased my 6x284 purely as a long range varmint slammer. It fits the bill nicely. I have made hits pretty consistently up to 1000 yards with it. Even at that distance results are impressive.

I have fooled around with the 87g VMAX (B.C. .400) and the 105g AMAX (B.C. .500). I have not messed with the 75g VMAX however I think it would be incredible if you were shooting shorter ranges below 600 yards at velocities approaching 3800-3900 fps.

My current load is 53.2g of RL-22, CCI BR2 primer, Lapua brass, 87g VMAX seated 0.005 out of the lands.

I am getting 3598 fps consistently give or take 5 fps. My spreads are somewhere in the 4 fps range.

I am shooting a 6x284 built on a trued/blueprinted M700 short action with a 30.5" long 1:9" 6-groove K&P Barrel in a McMillan HBR stock. The rig is outfitted with a 12x42.56 nightforce BR. The whole rig weighs about 25 lbs so recoil isn't a factor.
[Linked Image]

I will say that RL-22 has been very pleasant to work with in the 6x284 however I think that it leaves something to be desired and I think if you don't have a longer barrel there may be powders more desirable for you. I would take a long and hard look at RL-17 as I believe it to be one of the best powders for this load. Once it warms up a bit I am going to run some loads through my rifle. Ironworker on the board has done extensive testing with this powder with excellent results. You may also want to look at H4350.

Lastly, the 105g AMAX would be the perfect bullet for this rifle however the caveat is that many have trouble driving them over 3250 fps without them coming apart out of 3 groove barrels. If you could get them to 3400-3500 fps then nothing could touch this bullet at long range as far as varmint bullets go. I have not ran any through my rifle yet but plan on doing so this spring. A few have had good luck with 5 groove barrels and getting them to 3450 or so.

Good luck- I think you will be pleased

Ruck