Originally Posted by DJTex
Nice hog!

Congrats to you and your son!!

Beyond the obvious fact that the bullet killed him deader than yesterday's lunch, how did that 120 NBT perform? Shot placement?
Penetration?

Have a bunch to load for my 7-08...

Thanks,

DJ

THANKS!

We always shoot for a spot under the ear unless we want the skull. Then we go for a spot a little back from that in the neck.

I am loading 45 grains of Varget under the 120 NBT. He has taken numerous deer with that load also. We have never recovered a bullet from anything he has shot. All complete pass throughs with devastating DRT results.

I bought a bunch of seconds from Nosler, so you may check with their shop online from time to time.

Dogzapper has really talked up the 120 NBT, so you may want to search for his threads. He has killed some really big game with that bullet, and convinced me to try it. We were using the 120 TSX with great results too, but those NBT seem to hit like a lightning bolt for him, with GREAT accuracy. That little Browning micro medallion A-bolt groups an inch and under all day every day. Rifle is out of the box stock.

Because we hunt in a swamp with water in every direction, we don't like to track wounded game, so a quick kill is mandatory.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb