My tang safety M77 has a champagne taste...for bullets 140 gr and above. Prefers Nosler Partitions and Speer Grand Slams, however I am on a beer budget. Many years ago I settled on 154gr Hornady Spire Points for black bear, Whitetail and Mule deer and 160gr Nosler Partitions or Speer Grand Slams for Moose and Elk. For big game I sight in and practice with the Hornady's and shoot the Noslers and Speer if I am after Elk and Moose.

Recently, on a guided black bear hunt in Ontario I struck up a conversation about 7x57s with a married couple from Kansas in camp. The wife was carrying a custom VZ24 rifle chambered for the 7MM Mauser. Handloads were 160gr Speer Grand Slam, which she used on deer, hogs, elk and black bear. I told the couple I was using 154gr Hornady Interlocks but was not happy with them...they did not have the accuracy of the old Spire Points. The gentleman said he uses a Lee Crimp Die on all bullet weights loaded for the 7X57 due to the long throat and suggested I give it a try.

The crimp die has the Ruger M77 shooting the Interlocks just as good or better than the old Spire Points. Happy Days!

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime