Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Yeah, but are there any chrome lined barrels that shoot on par with the ss barrels?

Yeah, but finding one is the luck of the draw. I have a Colt that has a chrome lined barrel that is MOA to 600 with both 69 gr SMK's and 80 gr SMK's, which is as far as I've shot it. Then I have some Bushies with chrome lined barrels that are lucky to be 2+ MOA.

Better to spend the money on a top notch barrel maker chrome moly NON chrome lined barrel or SS from the same if you want top accuracy.

I read an article back in the early 00's from Precision Shooting that did some research on accurate barrel life differences between SS and chrome moly, and the latter came in the winner by a couple of thousand rounds. IIRC, it has to do with sulphur content in SS barrels creating inclusions that cause the barrels to lose accuracy faster than chrome moly tubes due to erosion of the inclusions. I've slept since then and have forgotten the exact issue in which the article was published, but was kind of surprised after I read it.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson