all i can say is WOW! just when i thought i had heard of some bad ideas, i read this thread and found some whoppers! seriously, "double-tapping" game, wounded or not? i guess i have been screwed up my whole life as i was taught to make one killing shot and not just throw multiple rounds down range and pray for a hit. i don't have a problem with guys hunting with ARs. everyone likes to hunt with something diffrent know and then, but i've never heard of the "spray and pray" approach to hunting. i guess i grew up with bolt-actions and muzzleloaders for hunting and i'll probably never get used to a semi-auto for hunting. i don't even own a semi-auto shotgun! anyway, as for the 6.8SPC, i'm sure everyone has a story about an "inadequate" caliber killing something big. i've heard of elephants killed with 22lr as are grizzlies, moose, and probably a bunch of others. that doesn't mean i'm toting a 22lr. on my next bear hunt! quite the contrary, i take the rifle that is sure to provide a clean humane kill with ONE shot. my elk rifle Might be a 270 with 130gr. TSX's, but most likely it will be a 375H&H and will be sporting 270gr. TSX's or 260gr. Accubonds. do the hunting community a favor, do the quarry a favor, use enough gun and keep the ranges sane to deliver one clean shot for a quick kill.-keith

Clint Eastwood: "I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it."