Originally Posted by flintforever
I have a 450 foreman es and you are correct about a gas filter they do not have one.I tried a aftermarket filter but no room to fit it.I have a small gas leak at the cold primer pump which is on the side of the carb: I was told the primer pump kit sells for 80.00 bucks,I was also told you can pull the primer rod out of the carb: and use a make up block off plate.

Most of the universal style inline fuel filters are pretty fat and there isn't room to fit one of those. I found a helpful guy at advance auto parts who went in the back and started opening boxes of OEM replacement filters until he found what I was looking for. I told him I need really skinny fuel filter for a 5/16" fuel line and he found one about as big around as my pinkie that was about 2" long. It was a tight fit but it works. I wish I could remember the part number of the filter I used. If you find a parts guy that's willing to go fishing through the various OEM replacement filters in the back then you'll be able to find something that will work.