Yeah, I knew you agreed, Bob. I was mainly just writing that for the benefit of others here. And, I don't doubt the quality of the SC M70s since by most reports they are shooting very well. I'm sure that most people will use them, love them, and never have a problem with the trigger.

However, I think Redneck makes a good point, that there probably are a lot more trigger problems with the other makes that we don't often hear about since they happen on the range or at home when dry firing or some such way and then the rifle makes it to the gunsmith and all is well again for the big hunt. I've known two different friends that have missed chances at game because of trigger issues. One was on an A-bolt trigger that was all gritted up and actually dangerous since after he took his finger off the trigger and pulled the rifle down to see what the problem was, the rifle actually fired. And a second one was a M700 Remington where the trigger froze because (I think) of liberal use of some type of lubricant in the trigger housing.