There is a difference in some Tasco models that many do not know and it may be that these models were not imported here, (based on that I have never seen any) so I could be wrong, but in 1995 I was given 2 Tasco scopes as I was the heavy caliber writer in Oz.

The object was to see how long they would last, as Tasco didn't know and were interested as much as I was. I was one of those writers who actually tested product and was known to break stocks, scopes and anything else that was not where it was supposed to be.

I put a Tasco World Class "Plus" on a Winchester Featherweight in .30/06 where is still sits today. It has traveled around the world several times, shot over 2000 rounds and never changed zero or even looked like needing a resight.

Now the difference is that there is a model her called Tasco "World Class" but it does not have the additional moniker of "Plus".

I met a Tasco exec who used to work for Leupold and he told me that the "World Class Plus" model had the same lens' and turrets as the Leupold Vari X 3 model. Based on the stability and clarity of that scope both then and now, 15 years later, I have no reason to disbelieve what I was told.

The 2nd scope was a Tasco Titan 1.5-6 with 30mm tube, which I mounded on my .460 Weatherby (After reviewing it on a .458 and .416 Weatherby prior). Being as this is the most powerful .5 MOA varmint rifle every made, the scope has taken past 1000 rounds over the last 15 years and also several long plane trips.

It too, has never required resighting or had a single issue that would make me think it unworthy of being on this exemplary hunting rifle.

I have spare Leupolds laying around, and have in times of weakness considered re-scoping but pulled up short, on the basis that I did not have a problem that needs resolving.

As a writer, I never have to hang my head in shame at using less than premium name product. But, with these Tasco models, and a 15 year test period, I am in a position to say they are as good as any and better than most.

JW

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.