Update on sighting this in. This was a bit of a "by guess and by golly" type of thing. Sort of like a Leupold with friction adjustments but with an added wrinkle.

There are two screws for elevation and windage, but no reference points on the sight itself. This comes with a plastic disk with index marks around the outside and a screwdriver that fits through a hole in the middle of the disk. In theory you're supposed to reference the index marks to some fixed point like the outside edge of the sight to get your MOA adjustments.

In practice I found the screwdriver blade had enough slop in the fit to teh slot that you could move it one or two index marks either way and the adjusting screws themselves wouldn't have moved. But you can't see the screw since the view is blocked by the opaque disk. Burris should make this out of clear plastic with white hash marks, that would work better I think. Or just mold in 8 little tick marks around each adjustment screw like on adjustable rear sights. Anything to use as a set reference would be an improvement.

After playing with it a while and seeing how much 3 or 4 hash marks moved the screw slot, I finally took the disk off and just watched the screws move to estimate my POI shift and get it zeroed in. That actually worked pretty well.

Also, you have to loosen two lock screws before turning the elevation and windage screws and it seemed to me, though I can't really prove it, that locking these down moved the POI slightly. So you have to unlock the set screws, move the adjustment screws, lock down the set screws and see where the bullets impact.

It's not as hard as it seems, I just had to figure out the idiosyncracies of this thing and it took about 8 three shot groups to get it sighted in properly.

Zeroed it dead on at 50 yards after getting it about 1/2 inch high at 25 and proceeded to perforate a paper plate at that range.

Now, after bitching about the sight in, I have to say that I really like the sight itself. Just put it on the target and fire. Easy peasy. This thing is going make plinking a lot more fun again. grin

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!