Let me tell you another story,
I was reviewing a .300 Winchester Magnum, in a Remington 700. when I was approached by a mate to help him find a load for two different .300 Winnies he had for his two sons.

The two additional rifles were a Ruger 77 and a Sako Forester.

The distance to the lands for each would naturally be different so in my view, irrelevent to the request for common ammo.

The best accuracy in my review rifle came from a load consisting of 80gn of WMR pushing the 180 gn Failsafe bullet to 3155fps with an OAL of 3.415".

Now, both the Ruger and Sako could not accommodate that OAL with the Ruger if my memory is correct, being the shortest of the lot.

When the bullets get seated deeper the capacity is reduced. We all know that. In the end I worked out a compromise load by dropping the powder charge to 77 grains and an OAL of 3.389".

All rifles are indeed different animals, so anything quoted by me, a reloading manual or an internet site, is just a reference or point for consideration.

If I was on an internet web site and quoting my own loads and distance to lands as gospel to the masses, I would be wrong in doing so, as the above illustrates. Which one is correct for you? probably none of them as your rifle is not one of those three.

It is good to dissagree with anything because it means you are thinking. That is the safe approach to handloading.

John

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.