Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Horseman-

Rugers are �just good enough for hunting�? You did see the targets and read the comments above from people with a very different experience, right?

Five Rugers in the safe and they all shoot great. Better, in fact, than the last couple Remington�s, both new at the time, that I�ve shot.

That last sentence didn't come out right. I should have written it to read:

"...the last couple brand new Remington�s that I�ve shot."

That would include my M700 .30-06 made in 2005. My 1975 M700 .308 Win shoots like a dream.

Coyote Hunter
Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. I actually like Rugers and they are usually accurate enough for their intended purpose. Volunteering as a spotter for my local clubs' open to the public "sight-in days" I'll sight in up to 40 guns per day. I've been doing that for years. I've seen a pretty fair unbiased represention of different brands accuracy. I stick by my commments about Rugers accuracy or lack thereof but don't deny there are many that are exceptional shooters. I also don't doubt it'd be easy to buy a Remington that shoots worse than a Ruger. My take is it'd be slightly easier to buy a poor shooting Ruger than many other brands. Just my opinion and as I said before I know there are some Ruger tackdrivers I've seen and shot some myself.