Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
if you wanna shoot some stout 9mm check out what buffalo bore has to offer

http://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=26

124 grain hp at 1300 fps, or the 115 grain at 1400fps and 500#'s of energy. IMO these loads turn the 9mm into a serious man stopper.
Those are rated as +P+ for which there is no SAAMI specification. Are you sure you want to depend your life on a cartridge for which there is no standard? You get those velocities only one way, more pressure, and to get those velocities, it takes a lot more pressure, (assuming they're being 100% honest in the reporting of the velocities).

So if you want a .357 magnum, I�d recommend just buying a .357 magnum. If you need more power than the 9mm produces, then buy a .40 or .357 Sig, or something bigger than a 9mm. Going to a cartridge with absolutely no standards FOR DEFENSE just doesn�t make sense to me.

I�ve treated a lot of gunshot victims over the years and I�ve come to learn that handguns are just impotent. If they don�t go down with a square hit to the chest with a 9mm, the +P or +P+ isn�t going to make a bit of difference. The fact is, some go down and some don�t. For those that don�t, you continue to shoot, simple as that.

The +P�s and +P+ cartridges radically increase wear on your pistol, are generally less reliable, have more noise, muzzle flash and muzzle blast; and mostly make a nuisance of themselves�I just don�t see the attraction at all.

with the robust design of the CZ 75 I don't see a problem firing these warmer loads, if shot from a polymer pistol that is where there might be more wear. if an ammo company is willing to risk putting out factory loads and all the liability that goes with that. I am sure there is a margin of safety.