[Linked Image]

Well, I just finished comparing both of the scopes, the MINOX and the Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14. Where to begin... At first I thought I liked the #20 Z-plex reticle better, but I could not see the finer crosshairs of the Conquest at 6:40 PM and I could easily see the crosshairs of the MINOX. The Conquest's field of view was pretty much the same to the MINOX. Optically the Conquest seemed "whiter". The lighter colors really popped out and the darker colors were harder to tell where they started and where they stopped. The MINOX had, IMO, a better contrast with the light colors and dark colors. The lighter colors were not as "white" and the darker colors were easier to distinguish. I scoped the neighbors dog walking the treeline with both scopes and I could easily see the dog with both scopes. The #20 reticle didn't perform as well due to the crosshairs disappearing into the background. The MINOX crosshairs were easily seen.

Overall, the Zeiss appreared brighter or the lighter colors were more vibrant at low light. The MINOX has better contrast of colors at low light. Bright colors were not nearly as vibrant. The #20 reticle crosshairs disappeared whereas the MINOX crosshairs were still visible 15 minutes beyond the Conquest. The MINOX crosshairs are not as fine as the Conquest. When both were on the highest power, everything seemed equal optically except I couldn't see the finer crosshairs of the Conquest.

The true test will be to see how well it holds zero at the range. If this scope holds zero as well as the Conquest, Zeiss is going to have their hands full at this price point.