Marlin made the Model 30TK for only 3 years, from 1988 to 1990. Mine was made in 1990. It was a special run sold exclusively through Kmart stores. The "K" designates Kmart, and the "T" designates that this is Marlin's beloved Texan model. The Texans had the scarce and popular straight-grip buttstocks, and they had 18-1/2" carbine length barrels. One thing unique to the 30TK, unlike other Marlin Texan models, was its three-quarter length magazine tube. And the way the mag tube is attached to the barrel is different than any other Marlin model, and might be why lots of Marlin lovers claim this particular model to be one of the finest and most accurate Marlin ever made. This rifle is all original except that the stock has a beautiful hand-rubbed oil finish. Marlin used birch for these stocks, and the wood on this particular rifle is very dense and hard. I don't think the buttstock or forearm stock has even the slightest handling mark of any kind, and no cracks anywhere. I refinished the stock myself, so I know it is virtually perfect. The metal work is super clean and original as well. You can just tell this rifle has not been shot very much, ever. All of the screws are untouched perfect, except one the the little ones on the left side of the receiver. It is nice, but you can tell it has been touched with a screwdriver tip. It has its original iron sights, it has sling swivels, and it has a hammer extension. These came from Marlin drilled and tapped for a scope mount, and these are post-safety rifles. The bore and rifling are as nice as the rest of the rifle is. I will sell this collector/shooter for $450.00 shipped and insured to any lower 48 states FFL who accepts long guns from private individuals. I'll keep it and take it deer hunting this fall if it's not worth $450.00 to someone. And I like swapping rifles, so feel free to run a trade by me. I do need another 50 cal. muzzleloader so I can take friends and relatives muzzleloader hunting with me, and I'd look at a centerfire rifle of almost any kind. I am able to trade up or down in value. Oh, I need a quality scope or two in the 3x9 or 2.5x10 range. I'm am fixed just fine for shotguns and handguns, however. These are fun rifles, and this one is a jewel. Enjoy the photos.

Attached Images
Marlin TK 002.jpg (94.81 KB, 4341 downloads)
Marlin TK 004.jpg (93.56 KB, 2544 downloads)
Marlin TK 006.jpg (57.75 KB, 1726 downloads)
Marlin TK 001.jpg (74.46 KB, 2177 downloads)