A big hearty thanks to whoever posted the following B78 instructional extract (randomly sourced and filed several years ago, from an unknown forum, when I first bought my rifle) :

�There are two screws on the trigger itself, the rear one is over travel and the front one controls the position of the connector bar, which trips the sear, which lets go of the hammer. The pull weight adjustment is in a hole in the receiver itself. The pull weight adjustment takes a 1/16 allen wrench, but the others require a 1.5mm. If the connector rests too far from the sear, it misses it when the trigger is pulled. If it�s too close the whole arrangement becomes inoperative. There is a critical point where things function. I even managed to get into a place where the trigger would trip from half cock ! In order to adjust the trigger take up, you need to adjust the large blued screw with the two little holes in it. Turn it clockwise and it should take up some of the slack, however you usually can�t get rid of all of it.�

Accordingly, I decided to minutely adjust ONLY the trigger�s connector bar sear engagement screw and, as mentioned above, I soon fortunately managed to find the critical point where the hammer persistently no longer falls to the fired position, from the half-cock position, when the trigger�s pulled. In turn, I�m an extremely grateful and happy B78 owner !

In hindsight, I�m questioning the knowledge, competency and integrity of the Gunsmith I recently rang regarding my �faulty� B78 as he was notably unsure as to what the cause of the problem might be. In reality � a very simple minute turn of an easily accessible screw !

Where relevant, I hope others might also benefit from the various adjustment procedures mentioned in the extract.
Cheers, Ross.