To The Big Bore Group:

I have a very nice Win Classic Safari 375 H&H collecting dust in my gun safe. I picked up a nice Kimber BGR89 in 375 H&H and really have lost interest in using the Winchester. ( I offered to sell it to a buddy of mine but he's more interested in jumping homes than shooting right now so I'm thinking about what to do with it). Its of limited use right now but after rereading safari rifles again I think it would make a nice 404 Jeffery to compliment my 500 Jeffery RSM. I know this topic has been beaten to death over the years on the boards but I'd like to hear about sucess stories if possible. Here would be my initial plan (Keep the win factory barrel rebore it and then make the necessary mods vs start from scratch with a new tube) What I really need to know is how much gunsmithing is involved in getting this round to work. Jim Dubel got my 500 Jeffery RSM to work just fine so I trust him. Not sure how much time and money is involved? I have a Rem Big Game 416 Mag that I'll sell off to fund the conversion so I just thought I'd get some input before I talk myself into something silly.

Big Questions
1. Rebore vs New PACNOR Barrel 26" $$$
2. 300RUM mag vs Make New Mag Box
3. Starting Rifle (300RUM vs 375 H&H) I like the safari stock and profile better than the win 70 classic 300 RUM

Approximate Conversions Costs?

Thanks Brad