My wife and I were spending the summer going cross country with a small travel trailer in 1970.We were in a trailer park directly across the highway from the San Rafael courthouse when that incident took place.....it was the closest trailer park to the Golden Gate Bridge.
About a week later we were in the LA area,and I took an afternoon to cruise some gunshops.When all the investigations were finally published it was established that Angela Davis had cruised almost exactly the same gunshops,and bought several weapons, a few weeks before I did.It was a travesty that she got to go free.
A couple of years later an Oakland NJ police officer was murdered at a traffic stop just outside of town,a town that we had ironically moved to.It was discovered that she was connected to the weapon used in that crime too.She has been hiding out in Cuba ever since,having been given political assylum there.Apparently being involved in the murders of several innocent citizens is political as long as you are an avowed communist.