What are your opinions about competing with other Savage Collectors (SC) members for purchasing online auction items when the seller is a SC member?

I try not to compete with other SC buyers on auctions, or at least try to find out just how important the item is to the other member. We all want to get the most money for what we sell at an auction site, and want to pay as little when we are the buyer. I don't buy or sell enough to really link into much hoss tradin' via PM or networking here on the SC. And, yes, I understand there are plenty of "Take no prisoner!" types on this forum, who would push their own grandmother down the stairs on their way to get a good deal. Not that I know many of the off-SC monikers used at auctions.

Seems to me that if I don't bid due to who the buyer is, I don't give the seller what they could be earning.

On a totally different subject, anybody here go by "stansavage" at other auction sites? Just wonderin'. No reason, in particular. I did a search on 24H and could find no reference.