so my wife left and i found a new girl friend... she's got a couple boys of bout the rite age to get started shootin and fishin. hope they like it. my boy's just a bit young, 2 1/2. problem is i got rid of my .243 mountian rifle, and i aint found "the" 6.5x55. it took me 13 years to amass what i currently own on a little mans budget. you know, trade marbles for sling shots, and sling shots, for knives, ect. ect. i now have NO hunting rifles for kids that'll take a scope. they should really learn on open sights i think, but for hunting i'd like a scoped rifle. guess i just gotta find "that" gun. bad problem to have aint it now lol. problem i have is i like "nice" guns not just your run of the mill sps, m77, and i hate savage, not that they don't shoot... i gust like "nice" things. let him shoot with a $700-$800 rifle. i shoulda baught that 1885 browning .243 but it was the wrong cal. for ME and it is MY rifle. so i need a "nice" 6.5 "kids" gun. i like a mannlicher stock and a 22" bbl. and it needs to be about 6.5lbs. no scope... i know, bad problem to have aint it? any ideas or am i just being too picky?

let me give you boys a lil' tip. you might wanna turn off that engine 'fore you go and change that there fan belt!