Well, .com friends, here's some new info about the 2 1/2-16X 6500.

I have been the very thankful recipiant of some 300 grain Sierras from one of our .com friends. Since they are a gift, they are more valuable than if I purchased them. I have been firing them in my .375-.416 Rem Mag at 2,920 feet per second. The three shot groups were generally 7/8"-1".

Here's why the post:

When I first sighted it in the crosshair moved the correct amount corrisponding to the turret. Then I decided to shoot some groups to verify. The next group moved up 1 1/4" from the bull. Not good. Next group moved up 2 1/8" from the bull. Next group moved up 3 1/2" from the bull. Next group moved up 4 1/4" from the bull.

Also I had to moved the paralax to infinite during the shooting.

I continued firing the groups, which stayed under an inch once it was sighted in, because some of the Leupold boys here say they need to fire a few rounds to get thier scopes to settle in. A several hundred dollar scope should not need that, but I didn't want to give up on it. Alas, it is back in the box to be shipped for warrentee. If it is not corrected I will take advantage of the one year refund.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter