I've got what's rumored to be the third Dynasty DX 300 Advanced Square Wave Inverter Power supply ever to hit Arizona,.....

Brought it in for a Gov. Contract, and it payed itself off on the first job.

As a Year 2000 "Rocket Ship" it's now somewhat Passe', ....but apparently can be updated to latest spec with the addition of a coupla' new boards.

This thing has been FANTASTIC, compared to the old transformmer power supplies.......powerful, reliable ( NO problems at ALL in 10 years, and I've run the BAG offa' it)

Since than , I've had a chance to play with ALL of the new Miller and Linc stuff,.......the "Econo-Tig is indeed a good choice.

It (if I'm not mistaken) IS however an AIR COOLED torch rig, so SLOW will be the order of your days. Air cooled, combined with a "Lean" duty cycle will keep you in the 3/32 tungsten range, and Aluminum , in particular will not be a high production range venue.

Sit down, before pricing out a 100% duty cycle, water cooled rig these days,.....spendy arena, sure certain.

All best of luck,......You're about to arrive in a whole NEW universe of welding potentials, and perfection.

TIG's addictive,......so just go ahead and become hard core, right from the get go.

Best Regards,

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain