Since my .284 can match .280 performance with a couple less grains of powder due to more efficient case (larger cross section and sharp shoulder), I am guessing my 6.5-284 will also match the 6.5x06 with a little less powder. If someone wants to share some data from 6.5x06 I will make a comparison where same bullets and powder used and all the 6.5x06 guys will get to see your loads. I find that having the 284 case in a long action is no problem and it allows me to put longer oal in the magazine. A short action may limit your ability to set the bullet out where you want it. Using a case that is no longer chambered in production guns (and its wildcats) is just plain cool. Especially when they work so well. 284 brass goes thru the 6.5-284 sizer with no problems and is ready to load.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".