Originally Posted by 338ak
Guy's I sent in two rifle's to be rebarreled 18 month's ago , prepaid have you ! the standard line is the barrel manufacturer is slow in production,, ok maybe 6 month's but' 18 come on, got one back at 11 month's with the wrong contour tube and the other one made it's debut at 15 month's, still waiting on the 2nd tube to come in and who know's when this will be ?? all I can say is live and learn, #1 don't prepay and #2 don't send in your action until you have a confirmation the tube's are there ready to go and that they are what you ordered ? The smith is a good guy , I guess he is just that busy and has too much work( job security) anyhow learn from my experience.And what's a guy to do when they got your $ and you want a good finished product in the end? trust me when I initially talked to him, I beleive 6 - 8 weeks was the answer for how long it would take, so we all have our story,good luck with your's and do your homeork!!

You can get a krieger barrel in less time than that, usually about 18 weeks or so and that is probably the longest wait of any barrel makers. If I order a barrel from Shilen, I can usually get it in about 5 weeks, it is out the door in less than two weeks after that. There is no reason that smith put you out that long except he is stonewalling and don't want to do the job.

Get your money back and and send me an email.

+Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild